Permission from Ministry of Science and Technology
Articles of corporation October 23, 1981
Amended April 7, 1988
Amended April 12, 1990
Amended May 30, 1992
Amended June 11, 1998
Amended November 2, 2002
Amended November 8, 2007
Amended November 13, 2008
Amended November 11, 2010
Chapter 1 General Provisions
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of this incorporation is to carry out the necessary business in order to contribute to the promotion and development of academy and technology related to acoustics and the related fields, in accordance with the provisions of the law on the establishment and operation of public incorporations.
Article 2 (Name)
This corporation is called THE ACOUSTICAL SOCIETY OF KOREA (ASK).
Article 3 (Location of Office)
The office of this incorporation is established in the Seoul Special City and the branch may be established by the resolution of the board as necessary.
Article 4 (Business)
This incorporation shall carry out the following business to achieve the purpose of Article 1.
1. Academic research presentation, discussion, field trip, and seminar
2. Publication of academic journals, books and technical information magazines
3. Alliances and academic exchanges with related organizations at home and abroad
4. Academic and technical investigation and research
5. Encouragement of research and recognition of outstanding research achievements
6. Research on the establishment of standards and specifications
7. Licensing business for Qualified Acoustic Professional
8. Miscellaneous business necessary to achieve the purpose of this society
Article 5 (Beneficiary of incorporate public interest)
1. The benefit provided to the beneficiary in the performance of the purpose business of the incorporation shall be free of charge. However, if it is unavoidable, it may be approved by the competent authority in advance and a portion of the consideration may be borne by the beneficiary.
2. The benefit provided for purpose of the incorporate business shall not be discriminated by the place of birth, school, work place, occupation or other social status of the beneficiary.